Emergency First Aid at Work
Emergency First Aid at Work
The aim of the EFAW is to enable a candidate to be able to act as an appointed person to take
charge of the first aid arrangements, including looking after the equipment and facilities and calling the Emergency Medical Services when required. From October 2009 HSE will approve the EFAW as a First Aider qualification.
· The candidate must be 13 years of age or older.
Validity of Award
· 36 Months.
Length of Course
Training courses, including final assessment, must last at least 6 contact hours.
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
• Understand the role of the first aider including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection;
- The need for recording incidents and actions;
- Use of available equipment;
• Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
• Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
• Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
• Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
• Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
• Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock; provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries
(including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
The qualification is assessed as set out below:
• Continual assessment by the tutor;
• Completion of the Final Worksheet to the satisfaction of the course tutor.
Further information & terms
1. The course requires 100% attendance. No refunds will be given either prior to the start or during the course.
2. If a candidate is to fail any part of the course they will have to pay a fee to be re-assessed (our tutors will not put anyone forward to do an assessment if they believe they cannot pass).
3. The times of the course will be approximately 8.00am – 6.00pm. Evening courses will run from approximately 6.00pm – 9.00pm.
4. All information provided in your application must be current and correct to the best of your knowledge at the time of applying.
5. SOS Training & Development reserves the right to amend course information as and when necessary.
6. SOS Training & Development reserves the right to cancel courses that have not got a sufficient number of students enrolled.
- Cheques should be made payable to ‘SOS Training & Development’.
- BACS payments (attracts a £10 discount!):
Sort Code: 40-14-01
Account Number: 91484605
Payment reference: Please use your name as the reference as this will help us identify the payment.
- We can also accept Postal Orders made payable to ‘SOS Training & Development’.
- Please do not send cash in the post
£55 or £45 for payments via BACS