RLSS National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers & Coaches (NRASTC)
Endorsed by the DfES, the Institute of Sport and Recreation Management and the Amateur Swimming Association the National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers & Coaches teaches practical lifesaving skills that may be needed by anyone teaching or coaching swimming or other programmed activity in a pool.
Aims & Objectives
- Identify potential hazards
- Understand the importance of Pool Safety Operating Procedures
- Identify appropriate emergency action
Pre course requirements
- Be 16 years of age
- Be able to swim 20 metres on their & back continuosly & leave the water unaided
- Reach the pool floor. The depth selected must be the same as the depth of pool used during teaching sessions.
The RLSS NRASTC award is not the equivalent to a lifeguard qualification. Anyone wishing to fulfill the role of a lifeguard would need to successfully complete the RLSS UK National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (see our pool lifeguard page).